Katrina Kaif: A Detailed Biography by celebs.bio
|Real Name||Katrina Turquotte|
|Nickname(s)||Kat, Katy, Katz, Sambo|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters– 174 cm
in meters– 1.74 m
in feet inches– 5′ 8Â½â€
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 55 kg
in pounds– 121 lbs
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Debut||Film: Film Debut: Boom (2003)|
|Date of Birth||16 July 1983|
|Age (as in 2019)||36 Years|
|Hometown||London, United Kingdom|
|School||Homeschooling (Taught at home by her mother, tutors and also did correspondence courses)|
|College||Left her college in London to pursue acting career in Bollywood|
|Educational Qualification||High School|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian India Today|
|Hobbies||Playing Chess, Painting, Reading|
|Controversy||â€¢ During the shooting of the film Namastey London, Katrina went to Ajmer Sharif dargah wearing a short skirt that irked people’s religious sentiments and the scene had to be reshot.
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Salman Khan (Actor)
Ranbir Kapoor (Actor)
|Parents||Father– Mohammed Kaif (British businessman of Kashmiri descent)
Mother– Suzanne Turquotte (Harvard Graduate, English Teacher and a Lawyer) Express.co.uk
|Siblings||Brother– Michael Kaif (Elder, A professional skier and a rock climber)
Sister– 3 Elder: Stephanie, Christine and Natasha, 3 Younger: Melissa, Sonia and Isabel
|Favourite Food||Yorkshire pudding, cheesecake, kheer, cinnamon rolls, steamed fish, lamb chops with salad & baby potatoes, grilled vegetables|
|Favourite Indian Food||Dosa|
|Favourite Cheat Meal Food||Pancake|
|Favourite Actors||Hrithik Roshan, Leonardo DiCaprio, Johnny Depp and Robert Pattinson|
|Favourite Actress||Penelope Cruz, Madhuri Dixit and Kajol|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood Films: Umrao Jaan, Dil Dhadakne Do, Tanu Weds Manu Returns
Hollywood Films: Casablanca, Gone with the Wind
|Favourite Cricketer||Rahul Dravid, Irrfan Pathan|
|Favourite Books||All books by Sidney Sheldon|
|Favourite Colours||Pink, White, Mauve|
|Favourite Sports||Cricket, Chess|
|Favourite Song||Moon by Poolside|
|Favourite Musicians/Bands||Radiohead, Muse, Coldplay|
|Favourite Perfume||Narciso Rodriguez For Her|
|Favourite Musicians/Bands||in Mumbai: Mainland China, and Wasabi by Morimoto at The Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
in London: Hakkasan, Harrods Georgian Restaurant, Alloro, Aqua Kyoto
|Favourite Destinations||London, Italy, Spain, Dubai and Havana|
|Car Collection||â€¢ Land Rover Range Rover Vogue SE
â€¢ Audi Q7 Instagram
â€¢ Audi Q3
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 6-7 Crores per film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$6 Million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Katrina Kaif
- Katrina was raised by a single mother, Suzanne Turquotte with her 7 siblings. Out of all the 8 children of Suzanne, Katrina is the only one who is half-Indian as her father, Mohammed Kaif, a British citizen, is originally from Kashmir. Express.co.uk
- Because of the fact that Katrina’s mother,Â Suzanne Turquotte used to teach English as a foreign subject in different countries, they had to move to different countries. Katrina was raised in Hong Kong, China, Japan, France, Switzerland, Poland, Belgium, and other European countries.Â Her family moved toÂ Hawaii and then to her mother’s home country, England when she was 14, where she lived for 3Â years before moving to India.
- Katrina’s parents got separated when she was very young, her father has never contacted them after the separation. When asked about whether her father has ever tried to contact her after she became famous, Katrina replied:
He is very decent and comes from a good family and they went their own ways because of issues which are personal. He is an affluent person, so he is not going to come back because his daughter is now famous.
- She never attended a regular school because of frequent relocations of her family.
- Mother Suzanne made a singing troupe with her children to sing at orphanages all over Asia.
- When she was 14 years old, sheÂ won a beauty contest in Hawaii, after which she started receiving modeling assignments.
- She came to Mumbai, accompaniedÂ by her sister, Christine in 2003 to audition for the film Boom.
- Katrina and her sister, Christine, came to Mumbai with Rs. 4 lakh. Christine returned back to London but Katrina decided to stay in Mumbai to make her career in Bollywood and if she runs out of money, she would go back and re-join her college in London.
- Katrina Kaif’s original name isÂ Katrina Turquotte but her debut film, Boom’s director,Â Kaizad Gustad and producer,Â Ayesha Shroff (wife of Jackie Shroff) decided to give her a new name which could connect with the Indian audience, he decided to change her surname to “Kaif.”Mumbai Mirror
- She was supposed to make her Bollywood debut with the filmÂ Saaya, opposite John Abraham,Â but later she was dropped because she couldnâ€™t speak Hindi at that time. The same year, sheÂ made her Bollywood debut with erotic filmÂ Boom.
- She struggledÂ in Bollywood at the beginning but got breakthroughÂ with theÂ filmÂ Namastey LondonÂ opposite Akshay Kumar in 2007.
- TheÂ silver dress that she wore in the filmÂ Welcome (2007) was worthÂ 2 lakh (INR) ($4,814), which was gifted to her by an Italian fashion designer Emilio Pucci.
- She was the most Googled Indian celebrity in 2008, 2009 & 2010.
Her Ex-boyfriend, Ranbir KapoorÂ gave her the nickname Sambo (Rambo’s sister Sambo) after she successfully did a scene in the filmÂ Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab KahaniÂ (2009) where she hadÂ to climb a ladder placed at a height of 200 feet.
- In 2010, she teamed up withÂ A.R. Rahman and released a music albumÂ calledÂ Rhymeskool, to raise funds to build a school inÂ Madurai.
- She isÂ superstitiousÂ and often visits religious places likeÂ Siddhivinayak Temple and Mount Mary Church in Mumbai, and Dargah Sharif in Ajmer before her filmâ€™s release.
- She still is a British citizen and works in India on an employment visa.
- She considers directorÂ Kabir Khan as her best friend from the Bollywood film industry.
- Her mother, Suzanne, with her American partner Jesse Tincher are now settled in Chennai, they volunteer for social causes in India.Â Katrina is actively involved with her mother’s charitable trust, “Relief Projects India”,Â that helps abandoned baby girls and works against female infanticide.
- Katrina fears living alone and darkness, during her early days in Mumbai, she used to stay awake and wait for the sun to come up and then sleep for 5 hours.